2 2/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups of sugar
3 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup Smude's Vanilla Sunflower Oil
1 cup of water
1/2 cup salted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup shortening
4 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-3 tablespoons water or milk
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees and prepare a cupcake pan with liners
2. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt to a large mixer bowl and combine. Set aside.
3. Add the milk, Smude's Vanilla Oil, and eggs to a medium-sized bowl and combine.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat until well combined.
5. Slowly add the water to the batter and mix on low speed until well combined. Please note that the batter will be very thin.
6. Fill the cupcake liners about halfway and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
7. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
8. To make the frosting, combine the butter and shortening in a large bowl and mix until smooth.
9. Add 2 cups of powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
10. add the vanilla extract and one tablespoon of water or milk and mix until smooth.
11. Add remaining powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
12. Add remaining water pr milk as needed and mix until smooth.
13. Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes.