1-9 oz. pkg. puffcorn
3/4 c Smude'sSunflower Oil
1/4 c butter
1 1/4 c brown sugar
2/3 c light corn syrup
1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. line cookie sheet with wax paper. Empty the package of puff corn into a large roaster.
2. heat butter, light syrup, and Smude's Sunflower Oil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until melted, stirring occasionally.
3. Add brown sugar into the saucepan and stir until melted. Stir in baking soda. The mixture will foam.
4. Pour caramel mixture over puffcorn and stir until well coated.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven & pour out on prepared cookie sheet.
7. Let cool, break apart. It can be stored in an airtight container.
Back to Recipes
16 oz. Cold Pressed Sunflower Oil
ADD TO CART